Tuesday, July 6, 2010

30 Days of Truth- Day 1

Day 01 → Something you hate about yourself.

I hate how cranky I get when I have to do chores. This is one of those classic, like mother-like daughter moments, where DH probably thinks to himself, "why did I do it? Why did I marry her? I know what her mother is like..."

Case in point, yesterday DH and I had the day off together, which for us means chore day. We actually didn't have much to do, since we'd done laundry the previous week, he'd gone grocery shopping the day before, etc. But we had a whole week's worth of dishes in the kitchen (we don't have a dishwasher, and we take turns washing and drying). It was his turn to wash, which usually means a reprieve from my crankiness. But not so yesterday. The sheer thought of the dishes, just waiting for me, put me on edge. Then 5, 6, 7 pm rolled around and DH was in the bedroom napping, instead of washing the dishes so we could finish and sit back and relax. So I start getting cranky. It finally got to the point where I marched into the bedroom and woke him up. Now he's angry at me for waking him up to do dishes, and I'm angry that I had to get him up in the first place. We sniped at each other for a good half an hour, before we finally relaxed enough to apologize to each other and by then we were almost done.

It took my father pointing it out and having my own household (albeit small in comparison) to figure out why my mom started yelling and making everyone else miserable while she was doing chores. And I hate it, in part because it makes me afraid for who I'll become as I mature and in part because I'm not usually a cranky person.

No comments:

Post a Comment