Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Bee Blocks and Nearly Insane

So I've spent the last few days in bed sick, which meant I didn't want to work on anything for other people, so I got some work done on my Nearly Insane blocks.

I finished 96(1), one of the edge pieces and I'm done with 48, one of the full blocks, as well.

Number: 96 (1)
Color: Brown
Pieces: 14
Number: 48
Color: Brown
Pieces: 29
However, after finishing two blocks, I keep seeing things I could be doing for accuracy if I were to machine sew these. So I'm tempted to try and recreate these blocks with machine patchwork just to see the difference. However, looking around the book, I see some pretty wacky math for some of the HSTs and stuff, so maybe that's not such a good plan.
I am, however, quite happy with my decision to use my solids bundles to make these blocks. Even brown, which is not my favorite color, looks good. And I'm planning to use Kona Snow sparingly in each block, more towards the middle so it's not going to interfere with the sashing.
Back before I got sick, I also sewed up the January block for the Stash Bee and my February block.

January Block, based on this tutorial.

February block, based on the Modified Bento Box tutorial, but I'll be writing up my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment