Sunday, October 21, 2012

WIP - Placemats (Continued)

In addition to the December Color Bee Shocked blocks I completed today (blogged about in the Color Bee Shocked Blog which can be found here), I also finished two more placemat tops. I'm hoping to use them as free-motion quilting practice and therefore get them done before I have to quilt my secret project.
 Second placemat. First one can be found here.
 Third placemat. First time doing triangles... using two squares as the base and cutting them to size after they were sewn together.
In other news, I went to the Renainssance Festival today with a friend. Afterwards she was kind enough to put up with me while we went through not one, but two, quilting shops. One of which is closer to my house than I thought possible (I might have a viable alternative to Joann's, woot!). I bought the fabric above to use for the Fracture Quilt Along. I saw it a few days ago, and was really excited, and want to turn the quilt top into a baby blanket once it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment