Monday, October 22, 2012

Make-A-List Monday

This is my second week of linking to Make-A-List Monday.
 
Last weeks goals and the degree of accomplishment are listed below:

1) Make several more blocks for my secret quilt project. As a teaser, fabrics are shown below. So bright and happy. And so much turquoise batik, it feels like I'm drowning in blue. Also my first time using flannel for the backing. :)
 
I made all of two blocks for the quilt this week. Definitely not where I wanted to be.

2) Get R2D2 drawn onto fusible backing and get started on the applique portion of my Star Wars baby quilt. Picture of the completed background below. I also finally bought green thread to satin stitch the edges between the background pieces once R2 is in place.
 
Well, I managed to get R2's general outline drawn onto the fusible interfacing. But that's about it. Fail!
 

3) Add at least one border to my Add-A-Border Blocks. My plans include a red and white check with little embroidered or appliqued ants for the first, a heart border for the second (the block is called Our Love), and for the third, a border on two sides of snow covered trees.
 
Also did not happen. In fact, I now have two additional starter blocks that need a border.
 
However, I did finish my December blocks for Color Bee Shocked, finished Section A for the Fracture Quilt, and finished two more of the placemat tops. That's on top of doing my usual weekend chores and spending quite a bit of time with friends both at the Ren Faire and two fabric stores on Saturady and a pleasure party/jewelry trunk show on Sunday. I feel pretty good about it.
 
 
Here is my list for this week:
 
1) Make several more blocks for my secret quilt project.
 
2) Finish Section B of the fracture quilt. Section A shown below:



3) Add a border to one of the Add-A-Border blocks.

4) Get the R2D2 interfacing cut out and ironed onto the white fabric (see, being more realistic).

Happy Monday... NOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment