Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Nook

I brought the first batch of books to the library. One whole backpack full and a bag, and still it looks like I haven't even made a dent. Well, I guess I'll be repeating that excercise this Saturday and probably next Saturday as well.

I did end up buying a Nook. So far I'm really happy with it, especially since I can play Sudoku and Chess on it. So far Nook- 1, Anna- 1 in Chess. I've also downloaded one free book onto it (and got rid of one of the books on my bookshelves) from Google's Project Gutenberg and one book that I'd been oggling in the store and refrained from buying.

In other news, I managed to get the information from my external hard drive back via the Geek Squad at Best Buy. I had to buy a new external hard drive, and I have not in fact checked to make sure everything was safe and sound, but it has all of our digital pictures on it since we got a digital camera. And I don't have a backup of those pictures anywhere. So I'm hoping that it did work.

No comments:

Post a Comment