So, I finished what I thought would be the last piece for the secret quilt project yesterday. I measured out the 50x70 inch area I want to end up with and then placed the blocks in that space. I will be filling in the space between the blocks with one solid background color, but even then, there was just one glaring space that needed another block. So back to the sewing machine I went, and whipped up my final final block. Next step: join the blocks together using the background fabric, piece the backing from two different colors of flannel, quilt, and bind. My goal is to have it complete by Thanksgiving so I can turn to other projects.
I will be posting pictures as soon as the quilt is in the possession of the person it is for. Can't wait to show you guys.