Wednesday, February 5, 2014

WIP Wednesday

I found paper piecing templates for the Farmer's Wife quilt, and omg does that ever make me happy.

I printed the January ones yesterday and put one together. It was a breeze! And it's perfectly 6.5" without losing corners and stuff. I can't even begin to explain how happy that makes me.

Block 30
Brown
16 pieces

It's a little puckered in the center where I had a lot of seams intersect, but that was likely to happen regardless. Despite that little flaw, I love it. I'm also planning on making all of my farmer's wife blocks first, since I'll be paper piecing, before starting on my Nearly Insane blocks in that colorway. Just to make sure I have enough fabric for the project I'm likely to finish first.

Linking up with Lee of Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday.

3 comments:

  1. The paper piecing patterns for the FW are life savers - isn't it heaven to get a perfect 6.5" block! Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So graphic and bold. Love it.

    ReplyDelete