Tuesday, July 13, 2010

30 Days of Truth- Day 8

Day 08 → Someone who made your life hell, or treated you like shit.

Well, this is actually an ongoing problem. Some background... my DH had some dental work done. And unfortunately in his line of work, added to the fact that he hadn't been to the dentist in five years, that meant a lot of cavities. So he had the first six done, no problem, but on the second set the insurance company suddenly wanted to call in a medical expert to get a second opinion and asked for the X-Rays. No problem there either. But then they said that the X-Rays showed that the fillings were unnecessary and refused to pay. Now they want a medical narrative from the dentist, which the dentist refuses to write because it's an "unnecessary unpaid administrative cost" and "his time is valuable."

We have had issues with this dentist since the beginning. He makes me feel 2 inches tall every time I talk to him. He actually had the nerve to tell me off several times, even though there was no way for me to know ahead of time. I think my favorite example of this was after my X-Rays. My previous dentists would actually take the time to show me my X-Rays, explain to me where the cavities were, and why they needed to be fixed. This dentist actually yelled at me for looking at the computer screen on which they were displayed, because "there could be classified patient information on there" and "I wouldn't know what I was looking at anyway."

Then today he calls my husband's cell phone to remind him of the cleaning appointment tomorrow. And I told him in no uncertain terms that we would not be keeping those appointments until we had figured out the insurance situation. He actually sounded surprised when I told him that they wanted the medical narrative and told me the bit about unpaid administrative costs. Then he went so far as to ask me if I was sure that my husband had called his office to ask him to write it. Yes, my husband would have a 10 minute long conversation with me about a phone call he didn't make? Let's just say, we will be looking for another dentist as soon as this insurance issue is taken care of.

1 comment:

  1. yep, time to get rid of that dentist. stress levels will be vastly reduced with a dentist who CARES!

    ReplyDelete