Tuesday, July 13, 2010

30 Days of Truth- Day 7

Day 07 → Someone who has made your life worth living for.

My parents. Sometimes it's hard to appreciate your parents for everything they do while you're growing up. They're the adults standing in the way of you and the fun time you know you could have, if only... However, having had several years to compare stories with other people of their childhood, seeing good and bad parents on TV or reading about them, they make you really take another look at what you had and appreciate it more.

My parents were always very strict about my curfew, my grades, knowing my whereabouts, etc. At the time it seemed annoying, but now I appreciate the fact that they were just concerned about me. They also showed an interest in my school and how my day was going. My mother was sparing with praise, at the best of times. But I guess that became a goal I set for myself, because I knew that if I did get praise, it meant something. They wouldn't be just empty words.

They didn't always support me, but raised me to be realistic both in my expectations of myself and of others. I know they will always love me, and that's what makes my life worth living.

No comments:

Post a Comment