Friday, July 9, 2010

30 Days of Truth- Day 4

Day 04 → Something you have to forgive someone for.

Ok, so maybe I'll play catch up after all. In part because I actually have someone I need to forgive. Well, more of an entity really. I have to forgive BP, Transocean, and Halliburton for the oil spill. I don't care whose fault it ultimately was, I don't care why they were drilling out so far without proper measures. All I care about was that it happened and that it is still happening. I don't know if I will be able to forgive them any time soon, but I hope that someday I will be able to tell my grandchildren about the oil spill without sounding completely bitter about the companies that messed up the planet I was trying to save. Our planet, as in, everyone's. And maybe someday I'll be able to forgive the US Government and BP for being more concerned about the politics of all of this, that they seem to be debating what to do more than actually doing anything. Or turning down foreign aid, because clearly the most powerful nation in the world can't admit it might need help once in a while. Maybe someday I'll be able to forgive, but I'll never forget, and I won't be able forgive for a long time. I know it. Sorry about how political this is, but it's something I've needed to get off my chest for some time now.

No comments:

Post a Comment