Thursday, November 15, 2012

Walking Foot and 3x6 Bee

After a little bit of confusion, I managed to attached my new walking foot to my machine. Threaded it and started wavy line quilting my secret lap quilt. At first I thought the walking foot was broken because it hardly moved. That's when I realized that my stitch length was still set to 0 from my free-motion quilting adventure (the outline quilting is done!). I like the wavy lines and walking foot so much that I may skip the pebble quilting on the bottom of the quilt.
 


I also managed to get the rest of the fabric cut for the 3x6 Bee the other day. Here's a picture of the goodness that is waiting to be pieced.


I am also considering making a few wonky log cabin blocks for the Sandy quilt drive hosted here. I almost registered to make blocks today, but I really need to figure out if I have the time to make them in the next 2-3 weeks, what with a trip to Michigan planned for Thanksgiving. I also want to finish my secret quilt project by Thanksgiving as well. So once that's done, I can register to make log cabin blocks with the knowledge that I will actually get them done.

No comments:

Post a Comment