I finally have some pictures to share. Work continues to progress on my secret quilt project. Unfortunately I had to run back to the fabric store to buy yet more background fabric. I did get the backing flannel sewn together though, and I'm almost done with the front. Just need to finish putting everything together, figure out how to deal with crooked edges, and quilt.
I went back to the quilting shop I found nearby, to get fabric for my 3x6 Bee. Although it totally goes against the grain, I did not pre-wash the fabrics I bought, since the rules for the bee includes fresh (not washed) fabric.
I made the first block using my own colors of cobalt blue, white and black.
The image is slightly blurry, but you can tell what's going on. The pattern is Autumn Jewel Box and the tutorial can be found here.
Then because that had worked out so well, I made Jenn's as well. Her colors were aqua, orange and white and she requested a grey background. The quilt store didn't have a single solid grey and Joann's only had the charcoal grey in the Kona Solids line. I could have wished for something slightly lighter, but other than that, I'm quite pleased with it.