Sunday, March 28, 2010

First Commission

Crafting is such a big part of my life, that some part of it is bound to end up in a scrapbook. In this case, I received a commission for a cross-stitch piece for a friend's after-school soccer program. I took pictures of the process, as well as several close-ups of different elements.

The page may seem a bit cluttered, but that's just the way I operate. I liked the idea of being able to see the progression from start to finish without having to continue on the next page. You can see, the big block of text on the left is the story about the commission and finishing the piece. I'll blog about journaling in your scrapbook in the next entry.

I think the hardest part about the commission was finding a good way to do the soccer ball, so I used the closeup of that on the page as well. All in all, I'm really satisfied with the way it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment