Monday, March 22, 2010

Cross-Stitch Phoenix

I have been working on this Phoenix for almost three years now. I'll discard it for some time, then come back to it and do a little more. Every time I pick it up it grows a bit, but I can never just sit down and finish it. It's counted cross-stitch on evenweave fabric, so there is a lot of paying attention involved. Sometimes I dispair of ever finishing it, but then I remember how far I've come already, and it gives me a renewed sense of hope.

Tools: Sewing Needle, scissors

Crafting Mats: Evenweave Fabric (ivory), embroidery floss, Magical Cross Stitch Book, lots of patience

1 comment:

  1. Anna, thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog. I enjoyed looking through your blog. I like to do scrapbooking too, but I have many, many years of photos that need to go into books. It's very hard to go back and organize everything, so if you can keep up with it now you'll never get to the serious overload that I'm in.

    Also keep going with your phoenix cross-stitch. When I was a young mother I started a crewel embroidery of an owl. I was much the same as you--I'd work a little on it and then put it away. That went on for several years, but I finally finished it in the last couple of months of my pregnancy with twins when I wasn't able to get around well at all. While I'm not encouraging you to have twins to get your phoenix done, I'm saying there will come a time when it will be the perfect project for you to work on.

    ReplyDelete