Thursday, January 2, 2014

Goals for 2014 and January

Having closed out another year, it's time to look back and reflect but also time to look forward and plan. I feel I do both pretty well. So here are my finishes for 2013:

 
1. Fracture Quilt - Complete Top, 2. Applique Toucan, 3. Red and White Star Quilt, 4. Low Volume Baby Quilt, 5. Christmas Quilt, 6. Riley Blake Challenge

The Riley Blake Challenge quilt was finished on New Year's Eve, I just don't have a final picture yet.

My Button

I will be participating in the 2014 A Lovely Year of Finishes again. I also decided to wait to restart Color Bee Shocked, because of some issues later in the year that I haven't quite gotten over. Instead I somehow managed to sign up for the Stash Bee, without actually remembering signing up. I have February as the queen bee. 

My January goal is to make the January block and finalize my plans for February, make a block, and write a tutorial.

As a stretch goal I have the following:
1) Finish putting together the Community Quilt top; I've given up on waiting for other people to make additional house blocks. 
2)  Keep cutting half hexies.

My sewing goals for 2014 are as follow:
1) Finish the Community Quilt
2) Finish the Hexie Wedding Quilt
3) Finish the top of the Plus Wedding Quilt
4) Make a commissioned plus quilt
5) Learn how to use a longarm machine
6) Make baby quilts as necessary (perhaps one for us, we'll see, no news yet)

1 comment: