So, this weekend was not as productive as I had initially hoped. I think I finished three blocks of varying sizes. That brings the total to 18 blocks. I haven't measured to see what the exact sizes are but the shapes varying from squares to rectangles.
I have learned some valuable lessons, including that paper piecing while tired leads to much seam ripping. And that I need to follow my gut instinct when deciding where to put colors because just blindly following the instructions helps no one. I hope to post pictures soon, sorry for the continued teasing.
At least the obsessive thinking about the project has tapered off, so I can actually focus at work.