Sunday, August 29, 2010

30 Days of Truth- Day 30

Day 30 → A letter to yourself, tell yourself EVERYTHING you love about yourself.

I decided to do Days 29 and 30 all at once, mostly because we leave for Michigan in three days and everything until then will be committed to packing, figuring out the last few planning details, figuring out exactly what needs to be done and when, while we're in MI so that all of the wedding preparations go smoothly.

So, here's Day 30...

Dear Anna,

I love that you're wide awake the minute you get out of bed (on most days), but that you can go right back to sleep if you decide the alarm clock was probably on crack when it rang the first time. I love that you work hard at the stuff you love to do, but also at the stuff you don't necessarily like as much. I love that you know how to have a good time even without drugs and alcohol. Another very admirable character trait, is that family always comes first and that change isn't a big deal as long as your loved ones are along for the ride. Home is where your family is, it's not defined by a space.
I love the softness of your hair just when it's dry after a shower and the color of your eyes. I love the little strut you get in your step when you think no one's watching, like you're walking an invisible catwalk. I love the fact that you like your body, most days, and don't feel the need to be a size 0 or even a size 8. The confidence that comes with that acceptance is damn sexy too.
I love the life you have, the wonderful husband, the adorable cat, and the good job. I love the fact that you like your job, not just because of the co-workers but also because of the day-to-day paper pushing. And the fact that you've never given up on that promotion, even though you've tried five times.

I love almost everything about you, even when there are days when things are looking a bit down.

Sincerely,

Me

4 comments:

  1. Congratz on completing your 30 days! :) I'm still trying to determine what to do next. If you see anything interesting, let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so amazing....LOVE IT!
    It inspires me to try writing one to myself~
    thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This 30 days of truth really looks interesting. maybe i'll give it a go!

    I'd really love it if you'd vote for me in that photo challenge. My picture, this time. is number 4!
    I'd really appreciate it, and I appreciate that you have voted for me already, but please vote again!!!

    heres the link
    number 4!

    http://underthoseneonlights.blogspot.com/2010/08/blog-design-and-final-prompt-voting.html

    xoxo
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jon- take a look at the 30 Days of Me I posted about a few days ago.

    Tiffany- Thank you. You totally should write one about yourself. It's amazing how many things you find you really like about yourself when you sit down and think about it.

    The Perfect Pear- I voted. :)

    ReplyDelete