Monday, February 24, 2014

February Update

February has flown by, I can't believe it's almost over! Here are some of the things I've been working on this month:

I chose the 10 blocks for the Farmer's Wife quilt for my January solids (Pink).
January blocks: 9, 29, 41, 43, 56, 58, 64, 70, 95, 98

"Selfish" sewing for my birthday:
1) Farmer's Wife Block:
Block 9
Pink
11 pieces
Paper Pieced
 
2) Japanese X and Plus Block
thematically appropriate since my birthday is on Valentine's Day

I've also done some work on two of my cross-stitch projects, the Once Upon a Time Sampler and the Alpine Flower Sampler.

I also finally bought, and I'm super excited about this, EQ7! I have already created a New York Beauty block for the following mini quilt project (input appreciated):

Option 1 (Red on Black), Option 2 (Black on Red)
 
I am trying to figure out if the red on black or the black on red is better. Bonus points to anyone who can guess what I was inspired by.
 
I also finally worked up the pattern for the plus quilt I envisioned for a commission from a family member.
 
 
I've sent it to the person who commissioned it, and am waiting for feedback. I'm also thinking of adding one more row of white and black rectangles to the left side, so it's not quite so unbalanced.
 
I also found a home for the Riley Blake Challenge Quilt, and embroidered my initials and the year I completed it ('13) into the bottom right corner before gifting it.
 
Last but not least, I made the backing for the Community Quilt and got it basted.
 
 
Hopefully I'll be able to post about a finish by the end of the month, or at least the quilting done, as I got an offer from one of the other contributors to do the binding. We'll see if I take her up on the offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment