So I am not entirely sure how this happened, but I apparently never blogged about this quilt finish.
I'm especially surprised since it was my very first commissioned quilt. Since it was for family (my husband's aunt to be exact), I just charged for materials and contributed the labor free of charge as my portion of the present. The quilt was for my husband's cousin who was expecting a baby. My only real challenge was to keep things cost effective. So I ended up using a single charm pack, about a yard of Kona Snow, 2 yards of one of the fabrics from the charm pack line (Ticklish! by Me & My Sister for Moda) for the backing and binding, and a cut from my roll of batting.
First I turned all the floral prints and circles into HST's, then added in everything else, because I quickly realized that when you start with 5" squares, they get cut down to 4.5" after sewing, and then finished they only end up at 4". That's a loss of a full inch. So I needed the full charm pack to have a decent sized baby quilt, and then it still ended up on the small side.
I didn't do anything fancy with the backing, because I'd used up every last charm square on the front of the quilt.
Total size was an 8 by 10 layout, or 32" by 40". Definitely far smaller than I usually make my baby quilts. Total time to make it was just over a month. I quilted in the ditch along the diamond patterns. After I washed it, it ended up a lot more wrinkled than I wanted it to be, which taught me a lesson in subject pre-shrinking of the batting.
I leave you with this adorable picture of baby Sadie wrapped in my quilt.