Sunday, December 2, 2012

Dice Pouch

I am a totally unapologetic nerd. I play D&D (Dungeons and Dragons) and WoW (World of Warcraft) and various other board, tabletop, Wii and Computer games. For the past few months I have been playing a Shifter (think partial werewolf - i.e. they only shift partially, not fully - but a cat person and mostly controlled shifting) in a beta version of a friend's new gaming system based losely on White Wolf and set in the Wizards of the Coast Eberron world.

To keep my D10s (10-sided dice) separate from my other dice (regular D&D uses mainly D20s, but also D4's, D8's, D10's, and D12's) I decided to try making a dice bag based on the In Color Orders' lined bag pattern which I bought from her Etsy store. I used the smallest bag pattern.


I chose fabrics based on my character: she has white skin with black markings when she's shifted to her half-cat form (I didn't have pre-washed fabric that was black on white, so I went white on black) and is very feminine (hence the pink drawstrings and lining).


The bag went together very quickly, although I made the mistake of not leaving an opening in the lining thinking I might be able to pull it through the one inch openings. Not so much! So I had to go in and seam rip.


I have put my dice inside and it is now ready for my next gaming session. I can finally get rid of the plastic baggie I've been using to carry my dice in.

No comments:

Post a Comment