Monday, June 21, 2010

Weekends

I felt like I was very productive this weekend, unfortunately that also meant that it went by extremely quickly. Even though I'm aware that a work day is the same length (in theory) as a day off, they seem to go so much slower. Especially when I have to try and find busy work to keep myself occupied. Is it just because I treasure days off more and actually find something to do with my time, or is it because I look at the clock every few minutes while I'm at work, wondering when I can go home and work on my latest project?

It's not like I have anyone waiting for me at home most days. My hubby works pretty much the opposite schedule of mine. I work your average Mon-Fri 9:30-6 (not quite so average, I guess, but almost) and he works during the week and on weekends, and usually from 3-Close (which usually ends up being anywhere from 10pm to 12am or later). His days off are most often Tuesday and Sunday, but that's always subject to change with only a week's notice, and that's only because he insists on getting at least one day on the weekends to spend with me. So maybe that's part of the problem. Even though I'm excited to get out of work, I know I have a long night of waiting ahead of me. All projects aside.

Although that still doesn't explain why Saturdays go by so quickly, it's not like DH is home on Saturdays either. Maybe it ties into that whole boredom thing. What do you do when boredom hits or time seems to crawl by?

No comments:

Post a Comment