Friday, March 8, 2013

3x6 Mini Bee 2013 Q1 Hive B Blocks

Although I haven't been blogging recently, I've been pretty busy sewing. So to catch you up on a few projects, here are the blocks I made for Quarter 1 of the 3x6 Bee for Hive B - Stars. I am also in Hive D - Paper Piecing, but haven't finished (or started) those blocks yet.

Block for Jane (Colors: Red, Mustard, Dark Green; Background: Gray)
 
Block for Jane (Colors: aqua, red, pink; Background: white)
 
Block for Jo (Colors: aqua, red, light green; Background: white)
 
Block for Sara (Colors: Muted Brights; Background: White)
 

Block for Suzy (Colors: pink and white solids or polka dots; Background: same)
 
Block for Tanyia (Colors: Orange, Gray, Yellow; Background: White)
 
The two color combos that gave me the most headaches were Sara's and Suzy's. Sara's, because muted brights seems like an oxymoron to a person who loves saturated colors. Suzy's because I had all of one pink polka dot fabric and three pink solids when I saw her color request. However, after buying some additional polka dot fabric, I think that's my favorite block. Plus she's using it to make a quilt for the cancer department at her local hospital and that cause is near and dear to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment