Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Craft Room Frustration

EXPEDIT Workstation, white Width: 60 5/8 " Depth: 31 1/8 " Height: 58 5/8 "  Width: 154 cm Depth: 79 cm Height: 149 cm   
So with the new house, I have an official craftroom that our cat is not allowed in. It's painted a beautiful green, and all of the stuff in the room is white or natural wood (pictures to come). But there's still something missing. Right now I'm working on a rickety brown card table until we have the time, energy, and money to buy the white shelf/desk set and 2-drawer white filing cabinet that I've had my eye on at IKEA for a while now.




But even when I can envision that furniture in the space, there's just something missing. Part of it is the perpetually closed door, the lack of a cute kitty following me wherever I go, the fact that it's the coldest room upstairs, and it kind of echoes. I really think I need a nice plush rug on the floor (I'm thinking green, maybe something like the one on the right). Maybe I need some pictures on the walls, maybe I just need another spot of color (I'm thinking lavender or red). Whatever it is, I currently avoid that room like it's my job, and that's sad considering I've wanted a craft room for ages. I'm hoping finally having the shelf and desk in there will help, but who knows. My husband thinks it's silly that I'm not using the room I was so excited about when we moved in. But I just can't explain to him what's bugging me until I figure it out for myself.

1 comment:

  1. I have that desk in my craft "room" i.e. the corner of the bedroom. I admit that I have actually not done much crafting at that table despite my excitement to get it over a year ago- so I hear ya.

    ReplyDelete