Saturday, January 22, 2011

NaNoWriMo and House Search

Sorry for the long absence. For all of those who want to know, I did not finish NaNoWriMo in November. Between my very first business trip (which was amazing) and Thanksgiving, etc. I got to about 12,000 words before I gave up. It was slow going at best after the first week. They have a term for that at NaNoWriMo, getting week two'd.

I also recently got word, that we would not have to relocate for my job. So that means we can finally restart our search for a place of our own. We have a loan officer and a realtor and I have a list of places that I want to go look at. I'm so ready to have our own place, to be able to decorate it the way we want it to look. I want to be able to paint the walls without having to repaint them white. I want to be able to have hardwood floors where I want them and no carpet that we can spill stuff on in our dining room or under our computers.

I just came back from another business trip last week. It was a lot more exhausting than the first one, but it was good in other ways. We had our annual planning session and got a lot of things hedged out. The next trip is coming up fast. I leave this Friday and stop over in Michigan to see my family, which I'm really excited about. I haven't seen them since our wedding in September and that's just not often enough. After that I'll be in Portland, OR for a week for yet another strategy planning session. I'm becoming a righteous jet-setter.

No comments:

Post a Comment